Where do you write? Is it where you really want to write? If not what’s your ideal situation and does it make you write any better?
My ideal situation is alone in the house, in the living room where it’s warm, a hot cup of tea on the table and a packet of biscuits, purely for concentration purposes only you understand. Now the reality is writing in the evening when the kids are in bed, a cold cup of tea because I’ve forgotten it’s there and I usually say no to the biscuits because ‘I’m being good.’
I do feel that on the rare occasions that I manage to get the house to myself I do write better, I really do, words flow and everything is wonderful, but it’s no good waiting for the right moment because lets face it doesn’t come very often.
So what can we do instead? Concentrate on getting the basics right,
1. Set a writing target – it gets you motivated
2. Tidy work station – it helps to clear your head ready for creativity
3. New beautiful notepads – who doesn’t love a new notepad.
4. Tea – speaks for itself 🙂
5. Working pens – there’s nothing more annoying than reaching for a pen only to find it missing or not working!
Have I missed any out? Let me know?
Where do you write? I’d love to know.