Now my house looks lovely and Christmasy I’ve started thinking what writers could do to help themselves get ready for Christmas, so I’ve put together a list of 6 top tips just for fun to help you get ready:
1. Decide what you’d like to have finished by Christmas and draw up a timetable to make it happen, don’t forget to allow for Christmas parties and events, make sure your realistic.
2. Have a free pad handy at all times, (you may do this already but I thought it deserved a mention) to write down every idea that pops in your head then you’ll have a stock of ideas ready for the New Year.
3. Stock up on delicious new pads and pens, what better excuse is there for splashing out on lovely new stationary.
4. Post in haste repent at leisure, go with your gut instinct if you’re not sure it’s ready to post put it aside for the New Year.
5. Make a list of anything new you fancy having a go at in the New Year like plays, radio, short stories or even making the leap to a novel. Write a plan of how your going to get there right down to the smallest detail. It’ll give you a firm place to start in the New Year and stop you procrastinating.
6. Celebrate all the successes that you’ve had this year, just finishing a piece of work is an achievement.
There you have it then my top tips for getting ready for Christmas, let me know if you think of anymore.